Monday 13 February 2017

REVIEW: Primark PS...Pro Longwear Mineralized Foundation

I have to admit that I'm somewhat of a bargain hunter *holds hands up* - as much as I adore luxury items, I just love finding items which don't break the bank. And when it comes to beauty and make-up, I love finding affordable products which are equally as effective as their more expensive competitors. 

I got extremely excited when I found out last year that Primark were launching a 'professional' make-up range and couldn't wait to get my hands on it when I saw it for real. I can be dubious about budget make-up because I sometimes worry about the effect it will have on my skin, but having found a few unbeatable and affordable products, I am willing to at least give something a try. 

 

The PS...Pro range is quite vast for only being a small section of a massive high street retailer, but if your local store is anything like mine, you will be lucky to ever find the products in stock, which speaks volumes in itself. Either that, or I'm not the only one who feels passionately about bargain items! To begin with I thought I would try the foundation which retails at only £5. Because of the price I purchased two shades which allows me to mix my own colour depending on how light or dark I require it to be.

 

APPLICATION: I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender which ensures maximum coverage. By dampening the beauty blender, it becomes impermeable and all the product is transferred straight to your face. If you prefer a lighter coverage I suggest using a foundation buffer brush instead. This foundation is very easy to work with - it is blendable and buildable, however I don't believe you really need to build it up as it is very full coverage. It has a dewy finish which is ideal for anyone with dry/normal skin. Amazingly though, it also works on my oily skin when set with a good mattifying powder! A win-win for everyone. 

 

LONGEVITY: I can get approximately 8 hours out of this product before I have to touch it up. There is a need for me to reapply powder after this time because I am oily, however I don't think it would require this if you have a different skin type. The coverage lasts all day and I've even worn this whilst working out so I can really can attest to just how much this foundation can take!


 

OVERALL VERDICT: I am in LOVE. Honestly, for £5, I cannot recommend this product enough. Full coverage, suits all skin types (with a little extra powdering if you are oily), can withstand workouts, and lasts all day. I cannot urge you enough to try this, it provides serious competition for the likes of MAC Studio Fix, and for only a fraction of the price. I know it sounds too good to be true but it isn't!

If you decide to try it then please let me know!


 


Friday’s Giirl


x


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl ! :D
    I'm a sucker for Primark's beauty range - I love their lipsticks, their eyeshadow palettes, their blushes... They've been upping their game and I love it ! Sure, you're far from being the only one to love their bargain makeup hahaha !
    I've gotten two of these foundations just a few days ago and sure, they HAVE great coverage ! I've only managed to find shades 00 and 02 which might suit me - I'm going to London in a week and I really hope I'll find shade 01 as I've tried their Matte Foundation in 01 Ivory and that seems to be the PERFECT tone for my skintone ! :D Then I'll be able to play with them all and mix shades and stuff... Can't wait !

    Thanks for your amazing review !
    Tissam x | Tissam Est La

    ReplyDelete