Monday 30 May 2016

REVIEW: Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray

Ok guys, I am in love - this product is seriously amazing! To find out why, then keep on reading...




The B6 spray is a light mist, designed to be applied prior to any other face products, even before your moisturiser. The product claims to reduce redness, minimize pores and absorb oil - too good to be true? Absolutely, surprisingly, not.



My friend Shawna bought me the travel size bottle of this for Christmas and I've been using it now for the past month or so. To be honest, it took me a while to get around to using it, simply because I didn't know what its purpose was and wanted to do a little bit of research about it first.  

So why vitamin B6?
Without boring you all too much with the science behind it (some of which is far too complex to understand), vitamin B6, or pyridoxine, prevents the production of excess sebum, and as a result, is used to prevent acne. I am speculating, but I imagine this is also the reason why it minimizes pores. However, I don't know enough to know why the spray reduces redness, but perhaps that is the result of a different ingredient and not solely because of vitamin B6. 

When and how do I use it?

Since I started using this product, I have been applying it every single morning. I spritz it all over my face and leave it to dry before applying my moisturiser. You could also apply it at night when your skin is freshly cleansed, and I probably will start to do this. But while I only have the travel size, I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. As for how to use it, simply hold it relatively close to your face and spray it approximately 3-4 times and voila, just let it dry in!

What differences have I noticed?

Predominately, I've noticed a MASSIVE difference in my pores. I would have quite a lot of noticeable open pores on my nose and on either side of it. But these have been significantly reduced in size. I have also noticed that my skin is not as oily without make-up, in fact, I would go as far to say that my skin is back to the way it used to be about a year ago. Back then, I never had a problem with oily skin and I don't actually know what caused it to change. I am still using an oil-free moisturiser, and I use primers for oily skin, but I no longer need to reapply powder during the day as my skin does not seem to be producing any excess oil - in other words, this spray is doing its job! I've never had much redness to my skin other than when I am warm, so I can't comment on how this would be affected. But I would imagine that it will reduce this since the spray is super cooling and refreshing on the skin.

Would I recommend this to you?

100%. Otherwise I would not be featuring it on the blog. I have already recommended this to my best friend Alison and I asked her to tell me what she thought so that you could read someone else's opinion as well as my own. Here's what she had to say:


"I have been addicted to a few Urban Decay products for years, namely the Naked palettes! However, when Loise produced this little gem and explained the benefits of it, I thought to myself 'I need this in my life'! I bought it roughly two weeks ago and have used it every morning and night before I moisturise. What a difference it has made to my skin! It does exactly what it says on the bottle, reduces my red patches and certainly more than minimises the many, many pores on my face! It smells divine and is so light and refreshing on my skin! I've also found that it has prolonged the longevity of my make-up! Overall, this is a must for every girl's skincare routine. It has certainly cemented it's place in mine!"



Need I persuade you further girls?! I think not.

You can pick up the spray from your nearest Urban Decay counter or online for £23, or why not try out the travel size for only £10? I think you'll love it!


Friday’s Giirl
x





2 comments:

  1. I really really want to try this! x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend it! And it's a bonus that there is a travel size to try first. Thank you for reading the post,I'll be sure to check out your page!

    Loise
    x

    ReplyDelete