Sunday 28 February 2016

WHAT I WORE: Lace Bralet, Tapered Trousers, PU Sleeve Blazer and Sandals

Do you find it difficult to know what to wear out when the nights are still a little wintery? It's definitely too cold to don an LBD without having a fur coat to keep us warm, but there is always the question of whether you will have somewhere to store it when you are inside and no longer need it. 

I think I managed to strike an adequate balance recently when I headed out for a Valentine's celebration with my better half. We had booked an overnight stay in Belfast and went for dinner in a restaurant which, ironically, was voted the most romantic restaurant in the city (we didn't know this when we chose it)! Follow the link below to check it out:


This restaurant was PERFECT, I honestly could not recommend it enough. The food was insanely delicious, the staff were uber attentive, the prices were very reasonable and to top it all off - the cocktails were a little too appetizing! The dark lighting and the rose petals scattered across the tables, the Valentine's balloons and the romantic background music created the most idyllic atmosphere. We had such a pleasant meal, and absolutely cannot wait to go back.

Back to the outfit choice though. I was aiming for a dressy outfit, but also one that would be comfortable after what would potentially be a three-course meal. A tight dress was not an option - absolutely no room for a food belly in one of those! And I wanted to be a little more dressed up than just jeans/leather pants and a top. So I pursued a nice pair of dressy trousers. I knew in my head exactly what I wanted, and well, us females usually don't stop until we get what we want! Admittedly, I am no exception to that theory. 



Outfit details are as follows:


Tapered Trousers - Missguided
It took me no time at all to find the perfect trousers, Missguided provided me with exactly what I was looking for and at an amazing price. Find them here:


Image © Missguided

Lace Bralet - Missguided
You know by now this is a favourite of mine, I have got SO much wear out of it! Unfortunately the black one is no longer available on Missguided, you can still get it in nude and white, however I have sourced the same black one elsewhere. Find it here:



Image © Silk Fred

PU Sleeve Blazer - Miss Selfridge
My jacket is from a few seasons ago and is obviously no longer available, but I have picked out a couple of my favourite blazers which I think would be perfect if teamed with this outfit. Find them here:
  
AND 



Image © Missguided

And when we finally get some warmer weather, you could switch it up with a sleeveless blazer to give the outfit a whole new look. Find the perfect example here:


Image © Missguided

Sandals - New Look
Again, my sandals are from a previous season but they have the same ones in for spring/summer in a different texture. Find them here: 


Image © New Look

To complete the look, add a simple black and gold necklace and a clutch bag and you are good to go! This should tide you over until the warmer evenings - *fingers crossed*!

Friday’s Giirl
x



No comments:

Post a Comment